2014 Indian Motorcycle Chief - Classic
Stock Image: Thunder Black
Sale: Save $600.00 now until 7/31/2099
Fredericksburg Motor Sports
Chief - Classic
Standard - Yet Special Features
- Thunder Stroke™ 111: The new Thunder Stroke™ 111 engine delivers an incredible 119 ft-lbs of torque and features styling that pays tribute to legendary Indian Motorcycle® engines of the past.
- Keyless: Enjoy keyless starting that’s secure and convenient. With the Indian® Chief® Classic key fob in your pocket, climb on the bike, push a button and ride. If you misplace the fob, use the individual security code that you pre-programmed into the ignition.
- Extensive Chrome: Virtually every surface that could be chromed has been chromed. From end to end, the beautiful, bright chrome finish elevates the iconic style of the Indian® Chief® Classic.
- 5-Year Coverage/Roadside Assistance: Indian Motorcycle® backs every new Indian® Chief® Classic with 5 years of coverage that includes both a 1 year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation. Ride with confidence and peace of mind that you’ll enjoy every memorable mile. Plus, every new rider will be provided a full year of Indian Motorcycle® Roadside Assistance for added assurance. See dealer for details.
Classic Iconic Features
- Indian Motorcycle® Badging: One of the classic elements of an Indian Motorcycle® is the vintage badging. Ever since the Indian® script logo was first created in 1910, and Indian Motorcycle® Red became the standard Indian Motorcycle® color in 1912, these features have made the Indian Motorcycle® badging a hallmark of this historic brand.
- War Bonnet: Lighting the way as it has done since 1947 is the iconic War Bonnet. Mounted proudly atop the front fender in a chrome frame, this light makes it clear, “This is a genuine Indian Motorcycle®.”
- Valanced Fenders: Stylish, elegant and functional, the iconic valanced fenders, standard since 1940, enhance the flowing styling lines of every Indian Motorcycle®. They also provide protection, effectively blocking road spray and gravel kicked up by the tires.
- Brake Caliper Covers: Every Indian® Chief® Classic is equipped with outstanding brakes, and in keeping with our traditional styling, we choose to cover the calipers. The result is a clean, stylish, beautifully finished sheet metal - iconic Indian Motorcycle® valanced fenders.
- Center Console: Chief® Classic instrumentation combines modern technology and traditional style. The tank-mounted console has a large, easy-to-read analog speedometer as well as a digital display screen that provides a wealth of valuable ride and fuel data.
- Laced Wheels: The Indian® Chief® Classic rolls on bright, high quality laced wheels. Sixty chrome-finished spokes make up the wheels, which evoke iconic, timeless Indian Motorcycle® style.
Comfort with Style
- Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust: Add the Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust and enjoy a rich, throaty exhaust note that provides the perfect soundtrack for the open road. This exhaust system allows the Thunder Stroke™ 111 motorcycle engine to breath more freely and unleash additional power and crisp throttle response.
- Fishtail Exhaust Tips: It’s easy to give your Indian Motorcycle® a major infusion of custom style with a set of Fishtail Exhaust Tips. These motorcycle exhaust tips fit on all Stage 1 Slip-On Exhaust pipes and feature timeless American cruiser motorcycle styling.
- Quick Release Windshield: Quick Release Technology makes it easy for an Indian Motorcycle® rider to add the comfort and protection of this Low Windshield to an Indian® Chief® Cruiser motorcycle in seconds - without tools.
- Quick Release Passenger Backrest: Provide your passenger with a strong, secure, comfortable backrest in just seconds by adding this Standard Height Quick Release Passenger Backrest to an Indian® motorcycle. The backrest’s Quick Release Technology lets you install or remove the entire backrest in seconds - without tools!
- Pinnacle Cover Collection: Enhance the custom treatment of your Indian Motorcycle® by adding the Pinnacle Cover Collection to your bike. Each Horn Cover, cam cover and primary cover features branding and graphic and gives the motorcycle a clean, finished custom look.
- Engine Type: Thunder Stroke™ 111
- Displacement: 111 cu. in. (1811 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 3.976 x 4.449 in. (101 x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injection/54mm bore
- Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
- Peak Torque (J1349 ft.-lb.): 119.2 ft.-lb. (161.6 Nm)
- Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
- Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
Gear Ratio (Overall)
- 1st: 9.403 : 1
- 2nd: 6.411 : 1
- 3rd: 4.763 : 1
- 4th: 3.796 : 1
- 5th: 3.243 : 1
- 6th: 2.789 : 1
- Final Drive: 2.2 : 1
- Suspension: Front - Type/Travel: Telescopic Fork/4.7 in. (119 mm)
- Brakes/Front: Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel: Single Shock / 3.7 in.
- Brakes/Rear: Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Tires/Front: Dunlop® American Elite 130/90B16 67H
- Tires/Rear: Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H
- Wheels: 40 Spoke 16 in. x 3.5 in. Front and 16 in. x 5 in. Rear
- Exhaust System: Split dual exhaust w/ cross-over
- Length: 103.5 in.
- Width (Intl): 39.8 in.
- Height: 46.3 in.
- Seat Height: 26.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 68.1 in.
- Rake: 29 deg.
- Trail: 6.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gal.
- Weight (empty tank / full of fuel): 778 lb. / 812 lb.
- GVWR: 1260 lb.
- Thunder Black
- Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box
- Cruise Control
- Keyless Start
- Light Bar
- Premium Leather Seats
- Tank Mounted Electronic Speedometer with Odometer
- Dual Tripmeters
- Digital Tachometer
- Ambient Air Temperature
- Fuel Range
- Average Fuel Economy
- Battery Voltage
- Gear Position Display
- Real-Time Clock
- Vehicle Trouble Code Readout
- Heated Grip Level (If Heated Grips Installed)
- Low Engine Oil Pressure
- 9 LED Telltale Indicators: Cruise Control Enabled, Cruise Control Set, Neutral, High Beam, Turn Signal, ABS, Check Engine, and MPH or km/h Unit Designation
- Tank Mounted Electronic Fuel Gauge with Low Fuel LED Indicator
- Indian Motorcycle® backs every new Indian Motorcycle with 5 years of coverage that includes both a 1 year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation.
- Engine Type
- Thunder Stroke™ 111
- 111 cu. in. (1811 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.976 x 4.449 in. (101 x 113 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Closed loop fuel injection/54mm bore
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Fork
- Rear Suspension
- Single Shock
- Front Brakes
- Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 130/90B16 67H
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® American Elite 180/65B16 81H
- 68.1 in. (1730 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.0 in. (660 mm)
- 29 deg.
- 6.1 in. (155.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.5 gal. (20.8 L)
- Dry Weight
- 778 lb. (354 kg)
- 6 speed
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Thunder Black
- 5 years of coverage includes both a 1 year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation.