If you're a passionate Off-Road, Dirtbike, ATV, or UTV rider, in the
Fredericksburg, Northern or Central Virginia areas, well you've come to
the right place!
Since, unfortunately, you can't ride these vehicles up and down the highways, or perhaps even on your grumpy neighbors property without the chance of getting in some trouble. We've gone ahead and compiled a lot of great information on clubs, places to ride, and racing series in the area that as an off-road rider you can be a part of! This is a comprehensive collection of awesome places to go, and all things you can do that involve off-road riding in Virginia and the Mid-Atlantic Region! So what's stopping you? Get out there and ride!
Southern Maryland Dirt Riders (at 301) - Ride Club
- PO Box 1602, Waldorf, MD 20604
- Annual Membership - $175
- Additional Child/Spouse - $15
Memberships run January – December, but new members may join as early as October and get three months complimentary.
Monthly club meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month from 7-9pm. Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at the Francis C. Garner FOP Lodge 24, located at 10285 Rosewick Rd, LaPlata, MD 20646
Family Off-Road Riders - Ride Club (Prince William Co) - Ride Club
- PO Box 2366, Manassas, VA 20108
- Annual Membership Fee - $250
- One Time Initiation Fee - $100
Our club is a volunteer run non-profit focused on developing and maintaining legal riding properties convenient to Prince William County. We’re a low-stress family friendly club that encourages bringing your kids to ride with you.
We currently have riding privileges on 3 properties with a 4th property expected to open for Summer 2018. Two of the three current properties are close to Nokesville, and the 3rd is in King George VA
WATR - Washington Area Trail Riders (at Eagles Bay) - Ride Club
- Annual membership fee - $125 (includes riding privileges for the entire family parents and children)
WATR meets for two hours (7:30 – 9:30 PM) on the second Wednesday of each month. Monthly Meeting Location: Bentley’s Falls Church Diner, 6654 Arlington Blvd, Falls Church, VA 22042. Non-members are also encouraged to join us at our monthly meeting.
The goal of WATR is to promote the sport of off-road motorcycle riding while serving the communities we ride through via our charitable gifts and support. WATR helps fund youth programs, food banks, fire departments and EMS units in those communities. In addition, WATR directly supports forest service operations financially and with manpower to help maintain trails. Throughout the year we identify riding areas, host ride events and participate in public awareness activities. The organization’s aim is to provide high quality riding experiences for members and promote a better public understanding of the off-road riding community.
Charles City Dirt Riders – VA – Bikes – Track & Trails
- 11865 Roxbury Road, Charles City, VA 23030
- Memberships Mandatory! All memberships run Jan 1st to December 31st
- Single - $150 + $25/ride
- Unlimited Single - $595 for unlimited use of facility
- Family (immediate family only) - $200 + $25/ride
- Family Unlimited - $695 for unlimited use of facility
Call First! Private facility, open “24/7” BUT you MUST call before riding to make sure someone can let you in.
District 13 - Racing Motocross/Supercross - Dirt Bikes & Quads
Masters of Motocross - Racing Motocross - "Outlaw"
- Tim Titcomb - email@example.com
MAMA - Mid-Atlantic Motocross Association Racing (geared towards kids)
Virginia Champion Hare Scramble Series - Racing tight, technical trails (dirt bikes only)
Virginia X-Country Series - Racing trails - Dirt Bikes & Quads
East Coast Enduro Association – NJ – DE – PA – NY – Dirt Bikes
- Family Fun Days
- Enduro - $45-50/event
- Hare Scrambles – Usually a 2 hour event, 6-12mile loops, $25-45/event
See website for more details!
South Fork Motocross Park - VA - Bikes - Track Only
- 5858 Baxter Rd, Disputanta, VA 23842
- Yearly Membership - $25 + that day’s ride fee
- Members - $30/day
- Non-members $40/day
- Open every weekend - Check website. Members get a $10 bonus gift card from Rocky Mt ATV when they sign up for membership and a $10 gift card from Rocky Mt ATV each time they come to ride!*
- Sandy Track
- *Limit one $10 gift card/month
Millwood MX – VA – Bikes & Quads – Track Only
- facebook page
- 327 Millwood Lane, Heathsville, VA 22514
- Rider Donation - $20
Only open on weekends, look on Facebook page for more info. Man named “Old Skool” helps run the track and it is always well prepped. Motocross track in the woods, so best time to ride is after a rain, otherwise can be dusty at times. Private track behind a farmer’s soy bean fields flows with the natural terrain, sandy in places. Chill place, not too crowded. Natural Terrain Track
Whitten MX Facility – VA – Bikes – Track & Trails
- Partlow Rd, Partlow, VA 22534
- Rider - $25
Open from 9am – Dark, every day, year round – Contact Joel for details Arenacross and Motocross Track
Lake Sugar Tree Motorsports Park – VA - Bikes & Quads – Track & Trails
- 400 Movie Movers East, Axton, VA 24054
- Annual Membership - $35 (required)
- Daily Fee - $20
- Tent - $10
- RV - $30 +$15 for each additional vehicle
- Private Track Rental - $500/day Max 10 people
Well maintained 1.25 mile motocross track plus pee-wee track, hot showers, restrooms, bike wash area. Open Thurs - Sun
Birch Creek Motorsports Park – VA – Bikes & Quads - Track only
- 12725 Kentuck Rd, Sutherlin, VA 24594
- Yearly membership - $25.00
- Practice fee - $20.00 per rider per day.
Open Practice may be available. Usually from 11:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Please check the web site. You must be a member of the Birch Creek Riders Club. CASH ONLY!
Budds Creek Motocross Park - MD - Bikes & Quads - Track Only
- 27963 Budds Creek Rd, Mechanicsville, MD 20659
- Rider - $40
- Spectator - $5
- Open most weekends in winter, or first full weekend of every month Spring - Fall - Check website
- National’s Track
Wicomico Motorsports Park - MD - Bikes & Quads - Track & Trails
- 11100 Kingston Pl, Charlotte Hall, MD 20622
- Children - $30
- Adults - $45
- Spectators - $5 - Children 5 & under FREE
Open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays year round! - Check website
The Landing MX – (Easton MX) – MD – Bikes & Quads – Track
- 7040 Barkers Landing Rd. Easton, MD 21601
- Riders - $35
- Sundays 11-5pm
- Three tracks, a Pee-wee track for kids, an Intermediate track, and a Pro-level track.
Tomahawk Motocross Park - WV - Bikes (& Quads on certain days) - Track & Trails
- 863 Tomahawk Run Rd, Hedgesville, WV 25427
- Membership - $50 (for one year) + $25 for the first day = $75 total, then $25/day after?Non-Member - $50/day
- Open most every Sat & Sun 11am-5pm and Wed 12pm-7pm - Check website*
- Mulch Track
Note - if you plan on staying at a hotel while riding here, there is a link to the Holiday Inn in Martinsburg, WV just off of I-81 that is fantastic! Great "racer" rates too!
Happy Ramblers MC – PA – Track
- 4340 Hanover Rd, Hanover, PA
- $30 – Sat/Sun all day, or $15 after 2pm
- $15 – Wed nights (during peak riding season)
Happy Ramblers Motor Cycle Club is an organization of riding enthusiasts specializing in motocross racing. It is 100% volunteer organization and all proceeds go back into the track and facility. Open to public on days posted, check website or Facebook. Weekends from 9am – 4pm, Wednesday nights from 3pm – 7pm
Middleford Motocross Park (Seaford) - DE - Track Only
- 22378 Coverdale Rd, Seaford, DE 19973
- $40 – Sat/Sun
- $30 – Wed nights
- $20/night camping
- $500 – Track rental – day rental M-F, or Sat/Sun nights from 5pm – 10:30pm
- Open Saturday & Sundays 11am – 5pm, Wednesday Nights, Year round
- Sandy Track + Supercross Track
North Carolina Motorsports Park (NCMP) - NC - Bikes & Quads - Track & Trails
- 900 Cheeks Quarter Rd, Henderson, NC 27537
- Annual NCMP Membership (Optional)
- All ages: $40 (includes 1st day of riding)
- Membership card issued
- Return Gate Fee after Becoming a Member - Ages 8 and up: $25 - Ages 7 and under: $20
- Daily NCMP Membership
- Daily Gate Fee without NCMP Membership - Ages 8 and up: $30 - Ages 7 and under: $25
- Open year round - 7 days a week 10am - 5pm
- Hard-packed/Mulch Track
Field of Dreams Motorsports Park – NJ – Bikes & Quads – Track & Trails
- 1951 Buckshuntem Rd, Millville, NJ 08332
- Spectator daily pass - $5.00(at gate)
- Annual membership - $65.00** OR Day membership - $20.00**
- Daily Tracks pass - $40.00
- Daily Mini Track only pass - $20.00
- Daily Trails pass - $40.00
- Daily Tracks AND Trails combo pass - $60.00**
- 6-Pack: Ride 5 times in 1 month and get the 6th ride for free!
- **All riders must become an Annual or Daily member.
- Adult 3-month Membership - $165.00 OR Annual Membership - $495.00
- Youth 3-month Membership - $98.00** OR Annual Membership - $295.00**
- Family 3-month Membership - $298.00** OR Annual membership - $895.00**
- **All family members must reside in same household. Up to four members. Over four then receives a 50% discount.
- One Night - $15 OR w/electrical hook-up - $40
- Two Nights - $25 OR w/electrical hook-up - $70
Big Boys Playground – VA – Bikes, ATV’s, UTV’s, SUV’s & Dune Buggies
- 5347 N. Valley Pike, Harrisonburg, VA 22802
- Spectator Fee - $10
- Rider - $20
This popular off-road park has a little of everything that ranges from rugged Jeep and single track trails, rock gardens, a drag strip, plus several challenging mud pits – one notoriously called “Hell Hole” no one has made it through! There is also a motocross track and a designated hare scramble trail set aside for dirt bikes. Park is open daily.
Moto Cove Off-Road Park – VA - Bikes, ATV’s, UTV’s & SUV’s
- 980 Cove Rd, Gore, VA 22637
- Rider - $25
- Tent/RV - $17
- Family friendly off-road park offers about 38 miles of marked and rated one-way trails that form 4 separate loops. The terrain is very rugged with lots of obstacles that include steep hill climbs, loose chunk rock, boulders, deep mud puddles, and deep trenches. There is a small beginner loop that is about 2 miles long, but the mail trail system is really geared for experienced riders.
- The property has a full-service campground with spacious sites, RV hookups, swimming hole w/beach, boat ramp, cabins, picnic shelters and a store! Open daily year-round but closes temporarily during hunting season.
- *Spark arrestor/ silencer is required for ALL vehicles
Elkhorn Lake and Campground ATV Trails – VA – Bikes, ATV’S, & (Some) UTV’s
- 2500 Elkhorn Road, Java, VA 24565
- Day Use - $10/Rider
- Tent/RV - $50
Elkhorn offers a 560+ acre recreation area with private 110 acre lake and family campground. They offer RV sites, rustic cabins and campsites, band events, picnic pavilions, fishing and boat ramp, plus a swimming pool and waterslide! With about 31 miles of ATV trails and an enduro track, annual memberships are available, but limited. Benefits include a key to the gate, camping and access to the above amenities. Guests MUST call ahead! Trails are open daily but may close due to inclement weather, and you must have reservations to ride/camp. Open from 10am to 6pm or dark.
Outdoorsman Park ATV Trails and Catfish Pond – VA – Bikes, ATV’s & UTV’s
- Facebook Page
- 480 Lewis Road, Martinsville, VA 24112
- Daily Use Fee - $15
- Fishing (catch n release) - $5
The park consists of a 600-acre park with roughly 60 miles of trails that form long loops; terrain is rugged and muddy with moderate elevation changes and scattered mud pits. Trails now have directional markers!
Busco Beach – NC - ATV, UTV, Dirt Bike, Drag Bike, Golf Cart, Jet Ski, Other
- 1243 Bryan Blvd, Goldsboro, NC 27530
- Daily Fee - $5/person/day – Kids under 5 are free
- Machine Fee - $10/day
- Primitive Camping and RV hookups are available - $5-$35/night
- Busco Beach and ATV Park is a recreational riding facility and manmade beach. Open 365 days a year and 24 hours a day! Riding only permitted from 8am to 11pm! We have campgrounds for tent camping, R/V hook-ups, lakes for swimming and fishing, live bands and DJs, snack shop, AMA tracks, drag races, motorcross tracks, youth tracks, mud pits, mudholes, mud-races, ATV ponds, ATV rentals, ATVrepair, and over 2000 acres to RIDE HARD & GET DIRTY! We ride ATVs, dirt bikes, utility vehicles (UTVs), go-karts, golf carts, Argos, and jet skis. A helmet is required all times you are on ATVs, dirt bikes, and most other machines. If you are on a utility vehicle (razor, rhino, commander, etc.), or a machine containing a roll bar, a helmet is optional.
- All helmets must be DOT approved
Hatfield McCoy Trails - WV - Bikes & Quads
- 34 Oakwood Heights Rd, Williamson, WV 25661
- User Permit Pricing WV Residents: $26.50 (w/ tax) Non-Resident: $50.00 (w/ tax) *West Virginia Residency is determined by state-issued identification for all individuals 16 years of age or older. ID must be presented at the time of purchase.?**If ordered online, a $4.00 shipping and handling fee will be applied. (All permits will be mailed Certified for tracking purposes.)
- *Call to ask about our Military Discount! 1-800-592-2217
- The Hatfield-McCoy Trails System is specifically designed to accommodate all levels of riders from novices to pros. Our elite team has worked hard to create an exciting and safe adventure for everyone. It is important to note that the trail system covers hundreds of miles throughout Southern West Virginia so remember, there is often some serious distance between the trails. For your convenience we have posted the descriptions, directions, trail connectors, and maps below. The trail system is made up of the following individual trail systems- Rockhouse, Bearwallow, Buffalo Mountain, Devil Anse, Indian Ridge, Pinnacle Creek, and Pocahontas Trail trails. Each system has its own personality. And while some systems are more scenic than others or extreme for others EACH SYSTEM has plenty of scenic views as well as rugged black trail terrain for those who desire more challenge in their riding experience.
South Pedlar – VA – Bikes & ATV’s
- Route 130, Elon, VA 24572
- Open sunrise to sunset, April 1 through late November. Special recreation permit required. Permits cannot be purchased on site; permits must be purchased from local vendors. Permits available include: $5 per operator per day. $12 three-day consecutive pass per operator. $30 annual permit. America the Beautiful Senior and Access Pass discounts do not apply.
- Vehicles must be less than 50 inches wide and weigh no more than 1,500 pounds (unloaded dry weight).
- No operators under age 12 allowed on any vehicle per Forest Supervisor’s Order.
- Only four wheel ATV's, motorcycles, and bicycles permitted on designated trails.
- Operators between the age of 12 and 16 must be supervised by an adult, and on an appropriately sized vehicle per Virginia State Law.
- Only one rider/operator per vehicle at one time unless ATV is manufactured for multiple passengers.
- Operators and riders must wear a DOT approved protective motorcycle helmet.
- CAUTION: two-way traffic on the trail.
Taskers Gap & Peters Mill Run – VA – Bikes, ATV’s, UTV’s & SUV’s
- 95 Railroad Ave, Edinburg, VA 22824
- Day Pass - $5
- 3-Day Pass - $12
- Annual Permit - $30
This area consists of two separate trail systems that can be accessed from the Edinburg and Taskers Gap staging area. Peters Mill Run (to the North) is a 12 mile trail with moderately challenging and rocky 4x4 trail loop with occasional creek crossings. Taskers Gap (to the South) offers challenging ATV trail loops with about 25+ miles of trails to explore.